Cyber Security Engineer
Immediate Need for a Cyber Security Engineer
Required Skills and Abilities
- Analyze the current "as is" MCEN cloud security design and provide analysis with recommendations on the risk mitigation and cloud computing options for Application/Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Must be an excellent Policy/Strategy Development Writer
- Must have Cloud experience
- Create gap analysis of MCEN cloud provider(s) security services through the review of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for services provided on the part of the cloud provider, with user communities, program managers, resource managers and data providers and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Using data center assessment information, review and analyze for potential risk for isolation failure and provide options to mitigate risk.
- Using data center assessment information, review and analyze for potential risk for compliance with current Federal, DOD, DON and USMC cloud computing security standards and provide options to mitigate risk.
- Generate a report for each meeting attended related to cloud computing--highlighting open action items, new policy, key discussion points, and impact statements to current USMC policy and operational SOPs.
- Provide C4 CY Cybersecurity Architecture Branch Chief with a weekly activity report of items in progress or completed, to include approximate time per item, and upcoming action items and meetings.
- Provide expert technical advice to support the development of draft, for Government approval, Marine Corps specific IT security policies and procedures in accordance with DOD and higher-level policy.
- Assist the government in overseeing the implementation of policies, principles and standards, on cloud computing and insider threat security and risk mitigation.
Security Clearance Requirement: Candidates must have a minimum Secret clearance to be considered for this position.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary