DATABASE DEVELOPER - ORACLE
The Database Developer is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for database architecture, design, and operations.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Develops and administers databases
- Works with technical team to define conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Learns and applies client data modeling standards
- Works with client database administrators to manage project Oracle 12c and greater databases
- Develop complex PL/SQL scripts to perform various database related tasks
- Recommends and takes action to solve database or business intelligence related problems.
- Advises service users of technical requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Establishes and implements database policies, procedures, and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems objectives.
- Develops technical requirements and identifies solutions to meet the technical requirements.
- Reports on progress, risks, and issues.
- Identifies relevant data standards and federal regulatory requirements and configures the database to comply with those requirements
- Develops and reviews project documentation.
- Provides technical and analytical evaluations.
- Develops designs and scripts for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from external sources.
- Develops conceptual and logical data models.
- Implements physical data models and maintains the data dictionary.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with Oracle database systems
- Strong PL/SQL skills
- Established track record of working effectively with other technical and nontechnical team members.
- Understanding of how technical issues impact the business requirements and the ability to clearly communicate this information to stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to project planning and management as one member of a small, highly skilled, self-directed team.
- Ability to tailor project technical and operations management templates as required
- Strong problem identification and analytical skills.
- Creativity with an eye to developing new and innovative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all stakeholders and at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle 12c (and greater)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
Job Status: Contract/Temporary