• 6 years of experience
• Bachelors’ Degree
• Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
• Able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution.
• Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data through the use of data base management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases.
• Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
• Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
• Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
• Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
• Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
• Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
• Performs database programming and supports systems design.
• Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
• Evaluates data base design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels and space allocation requirements.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary