Seeking an enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer that specializes in DevOps. The successful candidate will provide support to systems and development activities (Sys/DevOps) related to our infrastructure, our open source/commercial software product(s), and through direct services engagements with clients. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and work directly with our highly talented team of web and server-side developers and engineers on state of the art software solutions, with the opportunity to directly influence project execution. You will use the latest open source tools and applications in physical, virtual and container-based environments on AWS or in client datacenters. Currently, we use JIRA, Jenkins, Docker/Swarm, Slack, AWS, Github, Maven, Webpack, Ansible, Python, and Groovy. Excellent communication and team skills are required, as well as the ability to multitask, document your work and learn new tools, utilities and products. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, where we currently perform much of our work. In addition, we are also a Cloudera Silver Partner.
Are team-oriented, and are passionate about delivery.
Work well in agile environments and have familiarity with the associated tools, such as JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, source management, etc.
Have familiarity with Amazon Web Services. We will provide training/certification to help you get up to speed.
Possess deep Linux experience, with major experience and knowledge in RedHat based distros.
Have familiarity with a multitude of OSS tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks.
Have experience with deployment to client environments.
Recommend and execute Linux server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning.
Support daily operations on Linux servers such as capacity management, performance monitoring, provisioning, and network systems connectivity
Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures
Have experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
Possess strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, particularly with networking and the TCP/IP stack
Have some network security experience, including routing and switching, packet sniffing, managing SSL certificates, configuring firewalls/NACLs etc.
- Ability to configure and deploy physical/virtual server builds.
- Breath Linux shell scripting, and have strong experience with Linux (Redhat mainly) administration.
- Ability to configure and deploy Jenkins, use webhooks, and write build pipelines in Groovy.
- Are familiar with Docker containerization.
- Are familiar with automation tools like Ansible Puppet, Salt, and/or Chef
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
- Experience working in an engineering or scientific environment.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python
- Experience with developer tools: Jira, git, maven, etc.
- Experience deploying mission critical systems, internal or on customer site.
- Experience optimizing environments for high performance
- Experience with planning for SLA-quality support.