Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager who will be responsible for leading the Project Management of development projects within engineering. This position is located at the corporate office in Herndon, VA.
- Develop, maintain, and execute detailed project plans and integrated schedules for various hardware and software development projects. Responsible to create, execute, and update the project plan and schedules.
- When assigned to a specific development project, provide project leadership to manage the full development lifecycle of hardware and software from product inception to product release.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and Operations Team to understand requirements, approach and solution.
- Work with the development and operation teams to define resources and training needs.
- Identify and ensure task or functional dependencies are identified and met.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project.
- Communicate with all levels of engineering and operations management on technical solutions.
- Conduct Risk Planning with Mitigation and Contingency plans and manage project risks.
- Works independently and seeks creative solutions and alternatives to unusual and difficult problems.
- Provides consistent thought leadership.
- Enforce Change Control Process for scope changes.
- Adhere and manage projects to internal process structure.
- Provide status reports and deliver presentations to leadership and project stakeholders.
- Keeps abreast of current Project Management trends in areas of expertise.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience as a Project Manager managing complex engineering developments.
- Must have experience in at least one of the following technology areas - Satellite Communications, Telecommunications, Networking, VoIP, Video.
- Proficient working experience with Microsoft Project.
- Must have leadership skills to manage programs within a matrix organization. Ability to understand, track, drill-down and question activities and issues in all functional areas.
- Excellent organizational management skills associated with motivation, communication, and conflict management.
- PMP certification preferred.
Security Clearance: Active security clearance or the ability to obtain