IT Strategy Consulting Technician
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in tactical communications; Current DoD/DoN policy; Current operating concepts; Innovative approaches to wireless communications (RF, SATCOM, etc., and point-to-point, mesh, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Navy OPNAV staff, especially N2/N6 and the multiple working groups associated with tactical communications (i.e. BISOG, eNAB, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in spectrum management, including planning and reallocation activities.
- Understands how the Marine Corps organizes, procures solutions, deploys, and the touchpoints for interacting with the Navy and Joint Staff.
- Understands how the Marine Corps is structured and how it interacts with the Navy/OPNAV staff as well as the Joint Staff.
- Ability to communicate including listening, negotiating, marketing, and consulting.
- Articulate. Can clearly and concisely make a point.
- Ability to collect requirements through a variety of methods including interviews and surveys.
- Ability to translate user needs and requirements to technical solutions.
- Ability to formulate strategy and policy based on requirements gathered from stakeholders and users across the enterprise.
- Ability to present technical topics to senior Military and Government Leadership.
- Self-starter. Ability to move toward a desired end-state with little or no direction.
- Equally effective working alone or in a group.
- Strong leader capable of working with a team of experts across many functional areas within the Marine Corps.
- Skilled at influencing change in an organization without any explicit authority.
- BS + 10 years required or MS +6 years preferred
Travel to U.S. Marine Corps and other military installations within the United States and overseas be may required.
Security Clearance Requirement: Candidates must have a minimum Secret clearance to be considered for this position.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary