Lead Network Engineer
In immediate need of a Network Engineer for our US Army Private Cloud project in Huntsville, AL. This position requires an active US Secret Clearance.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, and support of an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Agency Internet Network (AIN), Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Maintains network hardware and software.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Will provide leadership/mentorship to junior & mid-level network engineers.
- Oversees network control center; provides support to projects that involve networks.
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network.
- Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network.
- Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems.
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders.
- The overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the Agency network add to the complexity of these positions.
Education: MA/MS and 10+ yrs OR BA/BS w/ 12+ yrs
Travel Requirement: Travel may be required.
Security Clearance Requirement: Candidates must have a minimum Secret clearance to be considered for this position.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary