Network Security Analyst
Apertus Partners is an Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business, headquartered in Leesburg, VA HUBZone. We provide IT managed services, and contracting support in both the federal and commercial space.
Clear. Concise. Results.
The Network Security Analyst is responsible for the overall security of the organization. The individual in this position will oversee the direct planning and implementation of information-security solutions in support of business objectives. The individual should be adept at developing effective security policies and procedures, project documentation and milestones, and technical/business specifications. The ideal candidate will serve as the subject-matter expert in such areas as network security, switching, and routing. This individual maintains the current network infrastructure of the company and develops new network architecture to position the company for further growth.
- Researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, communicating, and implementing new security software or devices.
- Developing security systems in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) recommendations.
- Implementing, enforcing, communicating, and developing network security policies or security plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
- Developing security documentation, specifically System Security Plan (SSP), Risk Assessment (RA), Plans of Action and Milestones (POAM), Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), etc.
- Conducting and leading Certification and Accreditation (C&A) efforts.
- Developing system documentation for government certification and accreditation processes.
- Configuring, testing, and maintaining LAN/WAN equipment and related services, including switches, firewalls, Cisco routers, and IDS/IPS devices.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving network problems. Providing oversight and guidance to IT support and the engineering team.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Conducting internal vulnerability and penetration testing to identify and rectify weaknesses in the design. Safeguarding the network against unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in information systems or computer science, plus a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Experience developing and implementing a multi-tiered security infrastructure.
- Experience reviewing and implementing security policies and procedures, as well as experience conducting security assessments using commercial and open-source host-scanning tools, network-scanning tools, and web and database vulnerability assessment tools.
- Experience with large server deployments and highly available production environments.
- Experience with data center buildouts, upgrades, and migration.
- Expert knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and network architecture.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards including PCI, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Security-related certifications (CISSP, CISA, ISSAP, etc.) highly desired.
- Checkpoint, Cisco, Microsoft, and UNIX certifications a plus.
- Experience working in the health care IT government arena with all security compliance and infrastructure aspects of the design, development, and subsequent implementation preferred.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary