Network Security Engineer
Performs network systems analysis, design and technical functions for FEPOC’s network computing environments, focusing on network security process support, network security tool support and network security architecture.
Under the supervision of Manager of Information Security, the incumbent’s accountability include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development, coordination, troubleshooting of all FEPOC enterprise network security systems and/or implementation of appropriate rulesets and configurations for all firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection systems, routers and switches; coordinates with change control and environment management teams at FEPOC and network and security teams; upgrades and routine maintenance; troubleshooting support; performance monitoring; provides support and maintenance for networks at offices, data center, and DR sites.
- Assists in the design efforts for network security related portions of new applications along with application development areas; assists in the network design for disaster recovery efforts; supports troubleshooting application issues related to network security; manages vendor relationships for network and security tools.
- Assists in research, design, and implementation of solutions involving data encryption, data masking, secure file transfers, and data leakage prevention. Supports new initiatives related to HIPAA and other mandates.
- A minimum of 1 year in the network security discipline that demonstrates engineering experience.
- The incumbent should have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with Network and Information Security tools in a large, complex, multi-platform environment.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate projects and tasks in line with department and company goals and objectives.
- With oversight by more-senior associates, ability to self-direct and work independently
- Ability to keep associates motivated and interested in their responsibilities and opportunities
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the capabilities and functionality of Cisco network switches, routers, wireless LAN and VPN concentrators; firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, network packet analyzers (sniffers) and network access control systems
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Ability to read sniffer traces and firewall configurations.
- Unix, Windows, and Mainframe (TSO, CICS) environments and their related security capabilities and functions.
- Working knowledge of identity and access management systems.
- Ability to readily understand and apply appropriate security and networking policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of security related regulations.
- Good working knowledge of web-application attack vectors and work experience implementing security controls for browser-based applications.
- Working knowledge of data encryption schemes and experience working with data encryption technologies. This position will require twenty four by seven support responsibilities.
- Incumbents will need to travel among various corporate locations.