Performance Test Engineer
In need of a candidate to assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient, automated test plans, cases and scripts with focus on Performance and Non-Functional Testing.
The Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing automated performance testing scripts; administering and managing the performance testing tools; and working with manual testing staff to extend and validate test plans, test cases, test scenarios and automated test scripts. In addition, the Performance Test Engineer must be able to communicate effectively in collaboration with the systems and development teams to troubleshoot performance and scalability issues.
Under the direct supervision of the manager, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define and develop performance load test plans and automated scripts using industry standard testing tools. Executes performance test, analyze and evaluate test results; generate performance metric reports and provide recommendations.
- Assists with analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through Computer Base Training (CBT), Corporate classroom training, testing workshop, reading and research etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
- Work with SIT Tester and Development counterparts to ensure adequate coverage for upcoming releases and keep up-to data with system changes that impact performance testing.
- Assists and coordinates with customers, the research, analysis and proposed solutions to test discrepancies and test scenarios. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer’s request and obtain information to create test data.
- Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
- Participates in system architecture change reviews and assessment of system capacity impacts. Benchmarks system performance; participates in evaluate of alternate hardware and software architectures.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.)
- 5-8 years of experience in a technical discipline, 3 of which must be in automated software and enterprise testing
- 1-3 years of experience in performance testing concepts and techniques
- Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Experience with the following performance testing toolsets: HP Loadrunner,IBM Performance Tester,Dynatrace, AppDynamics, CA(Wily Introscope),,Apache Jmeter, Parasoft Load Test, Perf4j.
- Experience with at least 2 of the the following automated testing toolsets: HP Quick Test Pro, Selenium WebDriver, Parasoft SOATest, SOAPUI, Maven,IBM Clearcase, IBM Functional Tester
- Strong understanding with system and application monitoring concepts (perform counters, any other diagnostic utilities).
- Strong understanding of Server, Network, Virtualization and Database concepts.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Strong understanding of performance testing concepts, types of system performance tests and their goals.
- Experience with defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, HP ALM)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and research skills. Should be well organized and detail oriented as well as possessing excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Associate must be a team player, use professional judgement, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
- Individual must demonstrate initiative; work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry