Property Manager (onsite - non-profit)
The Property Manager is responsible to the Executive Director and Operations Manager for the maintenance, upkeep, management and cleanliness of all buildings and facilities on the Boulder Crest Retreat grounds to include residing onsite in the housing provided in order to be available for security and emergency situations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Responsible for maintaining and managing all Boulder Crest facility equipment, structures, utility support, vehicle maintenance or logistics support as needed. This support may entail in-person repair or handling, or both, and also will include any contracted support of equipment, facility, or vehicles.
- Ensures grounds; buildings, equipment, facilities, vehicles, and utility support are maintained in top condition and properly presenting quality and professionalism for the benefit of both the organization but equally for best presentation and use by those whom the Retreat honors.
- Provide support in the Walled Garden to Horticulture Specialist to include weeding, mulching, watering, debris removal (i.e. blowing down walkways), sprinkler system maintenance, and working with volunteer Master Gardeners to maintain the garden year round.
- Ensures facility meets policies regarding workplace operations, safety, and environmental best practices including HAZMAT.
- Ensures communication with Retreat leadership regarding status of facility, equipment, grounds, vehicles, and logistics, always identifying early any concerns or needs to be able to execute his/her responsibilities best.
- Assists the Operations Manager in cleaning/laundry responsibilities for cabins, main lodge and will be assigned additional duties as capable and as directed by Retreat leadership.
- Responsible for all linens and laundry for cabin/guest use to include coordinating with laundry facilities for services, pick up and/or drop off services.
- Maintains linen/laundry storage in garage and prepares the Cleaning Van for cleaners on a regular basis as needed for cabin turnover.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and private atmosphere for Retreat guests by residing on the property in the provided housing onsite; checks and secures the Retreat premises after hours and responds to unexpected visitations during these times; serves as on site point of contact for after hour guest needs and emergency situations.
- Develops a written report with the status of all inventory and systems/equipment in his/her area of responsibility, which will include at a minimum, all buildings, equipment, utilities, and vehicles, along with any outstanding logistic or supply issue, and any outstanding contract supported item, which is awaiting repair, parts, or maintenance completed. Also establishes an on-hand inventory of tools and consumables/parts as required for ensuring emergency or routine upkeep/preventive maintenance can be accomplished without Boulder Crest facility operations being impacted if at all possible.
- Works with Guest Relations Specialist to de-conflict maintenance repairs with guest and reservation schedules.
- Works with the Administrator & Book Keeper to ensure documents are received in a timely manner.
- With the help of the Community Outreach and Fundraising Coordinator, may request and manage volunteer maintenance projects on premises.
- Keeps adequate accounting for expenditures, including purchase orders and receipts. Submits expense information to Operations Manager and Bookkeeper in a timely manner and according to Retreat guidelines.
- Responsible for safe transport of Retreat guests to and from offsite recreation activity locations as directed.
- Provides a positive and encouraging attitude and professionalism at all times to best present Boulder Crest and its mission and goal of a quality environment and superior accommodations for our country’s heroes.
The Property Manager will have an education and professional background commensurate with this important position. At minimum, the Property Manager will hold a high school diploma or GED, and have 5+ years proven experience of property management. The ideal candidate will be a skilled problem solver, with extensive knowledge of standard maintenance procedures, including but not limited to, electric, plumbing, minor building and automotive repairs. Must provide references and work well under minimal supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the Property Manager, is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak, and hear. The position is active in nature and fast-paced, requiring the candidate to be mobile for much of the workday. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Property Manager must be able to travel to run regular errands in and around Bluemont (within 100 miles). A driver’s license and a good driving record are required to use the company vehicle.
The work environment is a small, busy office located in Bluemont, Virginia. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations in the work environment may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.