The Quality Assurance Analyst has the responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness of information systems implemented to meet the needs of the client and contribute to its effectiveness. The Quality Assurance (QA) process will be dependent on existing systems requirement documents or the creation of new business process documentation developed along with test artifacts.
The incumbent serves a critical role in support of the client's function as the fiscal agent in the analysis, issuance and servicing of the System’s $800+ billion dollar debt portfolio. The accuracy and the availability of the supporting application systems are critical to the successful operation of the client
- For software development projects, understand and analyze business needs and the proposed technical solution, design and document thorough testing plans, and accurately execute the test plans identifying issues that need to be addressed.
- Understands automated testing tools.
- Contributes to improved operations at the OF through the effective application of the QA program.
- Support project planning by providing accurate estimates required to complete test planning and execution activities.
- Assists with technical and user documentation if required.
- Assists with business requirements gathering when required, ensuring requirements are unambiguous, testable, and traceable.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technical trends by subscribing to industry publications and reading technical journals. This knowledge should be used to further enhance the effectiveness of the QA function within IT.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other quantitative discipline
- At least 2 years experience as a business analyst or QA analyst.
- Ability to articulate business processes and testing requirements verbally and diagrammatically.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance and accounting principles is preferred, with the ability to analyze business issues when formulating requirements for a given project.
- Thorough knowledge of the Windows environment and relational DBMS experience. Familiarity with the Unix environment, including shell scripting is expected. Web development and/or testing experience is preferred.
- Ability to quickly become an expert user for critical business applications that support debt issuance and servicing.
- Ability to initiate and complete work assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to enforce QA standards across the development team.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
• Experience leveraging IBM’s Rational Functional Tester product for automated testing a plus.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Superior written and oral communication skills to include; demonstrated experiencing writing and / or editing procedures and documentation
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment while continuing to progress on longer term project completion.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary