Ruby on Rails Developer
Clear. Concise. Results.
Our client is currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer for their federal project in Crystal City, VA.
As a Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer, you will be an integral member of a small technology team working on internal and external facing applications and tools. The Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer supports the improvement of their existing products and helps create their next generation.
Successful candidates have a passion for developing applications that end-users love, are comfortable with independent and collaborative work, and are at home in a small organization where they can make a real difference. Candidates should be prepared to share example of code they have developed and be willing to take a coding test.
Their team develops tools for internal operations as well as public facing sites, and places a string emphasis on user experience and business analytics. They value innovation, transparency, testing and continuous improvement. Our client encourages healthy discussion and different perspectives while uniting around decisions once made.
- Design and implement reliable and robust middle-tiers services
- Analyze and improve existing front end applications and propose improvement solutions
- Work closely with other engineers to define requirements and implement highly maintainable web applications and platforms
- Conduct system integration testing
- Design and implement reusable UX components and styles
- Support deployment and release management
- Provide transparency and working progress on deliverables
- Identify metrics to measure system health and performance
- Work with product and design teams to flush out technical considerations of user requirements and stories.
- 3-4 years of experience in Ruby on Rails components. Good understanding of Ruby gems including Rack, Nokogiri loading mechanism, configuration, Active-ecosystem (Active Model, Active Support, Active Record etc), Action Pack, Railties etc.
- Knowledge in identifying and managing potential project risks and challenges
- Knowledge in REST API design concepts and JSON/XML
- Good understanding of Authentication and Authorization mechanisms, such as, oAuth, SAML, LDAP, OpenID Connect, etc
- Experience with integrating service-oriented and microservice architecture
- Good understanding of Ruby on Rails components and Ruby gems including Rack, Nokogiri loading mechanism, configuration, Active-ecosystem (Active Model, Active Support, Active Record etc), Action Pack, Railties etc
- Experience in User Centric, web responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Ajax etc
- Strong experience in databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge on web app servers like passenger and nginx and web application servers like Unicorn to host Ruby on Rails applications
- Able to show pride and ownership of work and help others to achieve the same
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical background
- UNIX fundamentals
U.S. Citizen is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation, Active Public Trust Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary