We are immediate opening for a software developer to be part of a dynamic team of professionals working to improve the safety of the United States National Airspace System (NAS). We are looking to expand our team with someone with experience with software development concepts and technologies, and an interest in the application of emerging technologies toward solving real-world problems.
The candidate will apply their breadth of technical knowledge and experience in contributing to the development of solutions in the areas of software engineering, software architecture, distributed computing, database engineering, cloud technologies, data analytics, advanced technology assessments, and software system test and integration.
- A rich understanding of modern software development concepts and technologies to include Object-Oriented (OO), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Agile, with related programming experience in Java (and one or more other high level languages such as C#.NET, C++, .NET, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of server-side development, RESTful services and API development
- Familiar with version control systems such as Git and development management technologies such as Maven, Ant, and Gradle
- Familiarity and understanding of databases and Big Data systems/tools, e.g. Apache Hadoop, SQL
- Experience working in Linux/Unix operating environments
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- • 1-2 years of hands-on Software Engineering experience in Java (and one or more of the following: C#, .NET, C++, .NET, Python)
- • Fluency in Apache Hadoop Ecosystem, e.g. MapReduce, Pig, Hive, SQL, and Spark
- • Experience with workflows (Oozie, cascading, scalding), databases (HBase, Accumulo, Mongo) and data serialization (Avro, thrift, xml)
- • Algorithm development on high-performance systems
- • Experience in data pipeline management, ETL/ELT, and data/system architecture
Education & Clearance
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Data Science/Data Analytics, or related degrees.
- Candidate is subject to background investigation
Job Status: Contract/Temporary