Sr. Information Architect
Senior Information Architect is responsible for supporting the strategy and development of creative concepts; defining best practices for the navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for leading-edge Marketing and Web solutions.
He/she supports the Creative Lead role on an engagement and is responsible for collaborating with a team of creative people ranging from developers, IA, copywriters to designers. He/she also works and collaborates with account, media, strategist, and research as a part of the creative process.
- Information Architecture
- Assess an existing site/property for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Articulate objectives to guide the development of evaluation criteria.
- Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings.
- Support participatory design/user testing sessions.
- Present findings to clients.
- Provide recommendations to cross-functional teams based on findings.
- Lead participatory requirements gathering sessions and manage debrief process.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, including: conducting, preparing notes, and analyzing findings to understand key success factors for a project or pursuit.
- Facilitate user scenario planning sessions with both internal team and clients.
- Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings;
- User Experience & Interactive Design
- Drive the development of frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high- level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
- Create (and support the development of) comprehensive sitemaps for large-scale solutions.
- Execute comprehensive process flows / screen flows for large-scale solutions.
- Create (and support the development of) comprehensive wireframe systems for large-scale solutions. Present deliverables to clients.
- Visual Design
- Support designers in the application of color, typography, photography selection, organizing elements and usability.
- Collaborate and works closely with other disciplines to ensure executions are meeting business objectives and criteria.
- Defend and provide rationalization for design choices to clients.
- Coordinate project schedules amongst the UX/Creative track
- Respond to UI demands as project requirements change
Requirements and Experience Guidelines:
- Knowledge of standards compliant markup and code; XHTML and CSS2/CSS3.
- Knowledge of the Agency culture and processes.
- Experience building government websites and complex web applications
- Understanding of designing for 508 compliance
- Experience in UI design for complex task-oriented web applications
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects or tracks of work simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
Job Status: Contract/Temporary