Sr. Interactive Developer - 172
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who can quickly turn visual designs and wireframes into functional pages and contribute to idea generation and development. Turn-around time is usually short and fast-paced. You will work very closely with others on the user experience team, especially designers and information architects; coming up with new ideas and ways to implement their designs. You will also work closely with our clients, supporting their ongoing content and image updates and providing training.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Assess existing solutions for usefulness, usability, and coding techniques.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
- Develop prototypes of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design depicting all elements of a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications.
- Communicate effectively with the creative user experience team and technical development team.
- Previous client-facing experience required, including proactive communication and training skills.
- Ensure solutions meet 508 accessibility requirements.
- Translate visual designs into completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications.
- Integrate presentation layer code with CMS technologies.
- Implement front-end structure and standards as defined by Creative Lead.
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure integrity of the UI throughout development life-cycle.
- Ensure cross-browser, cross-platform and multiple device type compatibility and resolve issues.
- Work within frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap) to create responsive layouts.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches for the larger Creative Design community at Sapient.
- Based on functional specifications, optimize development for User Experience.
- Stay current on web technology trends and innovations and share information with the team.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- 1+ years of experience working with a Web Content Management System (WCMS)
- Experience with JSON, backbone.js.
- Experience working with Drupal WCMS is a plus
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites.
- Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams (in a consulting firm or agency preferred).
- Prior experience with cross-browser development and testing.
- Experience with wireframes and proof-of-concept mockups.
- Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly.
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors (LESS/SASS) desired.
- Experience in developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts.
- Knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards and compliance desired.
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues as they relate to the front-end.
- Graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator. etc.
- Graphics development, creating visual design comps skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus.
- Experience working with portal technologies and/or backend frameworks (Java, .NET) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or university
Job Status: Contract/Temporary