Sr. Java Developer
The Java Developer will be a member of the project team who takes responsibility for implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices. This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Write Java code based on requirements defined in use cases.
- Develop Object Oriented code and/or provide maintenance and enhancements to existing code
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
- Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented techniques.
- Conduct unit testing and continuous integration
- Develop SQL queries and procedures
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java (JDK 1.5 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
- Demonstrates ability to use logging frameworks such as Apache Commons, Log4J, java.util.logging package etc.
- Is able to use integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse , Java Compilers, and build tools like Ant or Maven to develop and troubleshoot issues
- Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
- Experience with Spring and REST
- Is able to understand notations done in modeling languages (like UML) pertaining to use cases and class diagrams and then write code to implement the same
- Good understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Minimum 6 years in custom software development
- Minimum 6 years in Java development
- Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs
- Experience with one or more Java packages such as Hibernate or Spring Framework is desirable
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
Job Status: Contract/Temporary