Sr. Network Engineer
Required Skills and Abilities
• Must have at least 4 years of experience in administering a Cisco network environment.
• BS degree.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent certification plus IAT II (security + CE active)
• Must be capable of performing network engineering functions including: conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
• Must be experienced in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
• Must be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
• Solve engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Experience with managing DoD NIPRNET and/or DREN and applying DoD and Army Security policy is highly desirable.
• Advanced degree is desirable in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline. Three additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
Candidates must have a minimum Secret clearance to be considered for this position.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary