Technical Project Manager
- This position reports directly to the Task Order (TO) Manager and is responsible forall technical aspects of the MBE Certification Software project.
- The TPM is responsible for managing the technical elements of the project in accordance with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK and the State’s SDLC in managing the project.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate, support and liaison with the software solution vendor, as well MDOT and OMBE project leadership and business users.
- Work with the software solution vendor and OMBE to determine the implementation schedule, this shall be included with the Master Integrated Schedule. Review OMBE business processes with the software solution vendor to ensure the software is configured to support the business processes.
- Create and regularly update project schedules, issues list, risk lists and other documentation.
- Work with OMBE and the software solution vendor to define test cases and develop test scripts; orchestrate the testing.
- Test to ensure OMBE user needs are satisfied, requirements met, and all functionality and links are working as expected. Advocate on behalf of OMBE users and user needs.
- Assist the solutions vendor to develop a migration document and plan to ensure all required data is migrated successfully.
- Work with OMBE on data clean?up and to determine what data is to be migrated. Work with OMBE to map the data from the existing database to the new database and work with the vendor to migrate the data.
- Responsible for the deployment of the system to ensure configuration and integration changes are in?line with the OMBE requirements and business processes.
- Work with the software solution vendor and OMBE to customize templates and reports, and develop custom exports.
- Provide continued support and expertise during the deployment and initial maintenance period by tracking and facilitating the resolution of system issues.
- Handle the secure transition of the project, and project close?out.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary