Windows System Administrator
We are currently seeking to hire a Windows Systems Administrator for a US DoD Account. We are looking for a candidate with a broad range of technical skills, including Windows, Active Directory, Virtual Technologies, Scripting, Infrastructure Automation, SCCM/SCOM or similar tools. The ideal fit would be a candidate who likes taking on new challenges and can multitask with ease. This position provides the opportunity to make a significant impact and implementing the next generation technologies. A Top Secret Clearance is required.
- Deploy and Manage Server Infrastructure including Active Directory, Group Policies, Patching, Security and Compliance, etc.
- Deploy and manage IT Operations Management Infrastructure Tools
- Script routine tasks to run in an automated fashion
- Plan, install, build, manage, support, configure and test server infrastructure components and connectivity
- Identify physical facility requirements needed to operate server infrastructure components
- Provide primary system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Windows servers environment and performance issues
- Maintain server security in compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and supporting vendor requirements
- Perform 24x7 on call duties on a rotation basis with the other system administrators
- Analyze Windows Systems, check processes and log files, and retrieve and review information contained within logs for troubleshooting. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Monitor and troubleshoot backups, scheduled jobs, and be able to monitor systems and processes and take proactive action
- Provide consulting services and support for release package testing, installation, deployment and operation
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for server infrastructure and Applications
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Perform system changes following existing change management processes.
- Perform proactive capacity planning, including short term and long-term trend analysis, ensuring all server infrastructure devices are monitored for capacity and stability
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion oof scheduled jobs such as backups
- Demonstrate the ability to time-manage and prioritize, take a proactive approach to improving services, and have an innovative and keen interest in learning new technologies.
- Analyze user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues
- Define and integrate current best practices (technical, security, process) in server infrastructure solution analysis and definition.
- Interface directly with end users and other IT groups to ensure complete resolution of server issues reported through the Help Desk tracking system
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test, or modify computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to, user or system design specifications.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Multitasking skills
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Strong understanding of application protocols and standards HTTP/SMTP/SSL/DNS/DHCP
- Strong Understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Powershell scripting experience writing functions and scripts (not just using from command line)
- Experience using and supporting System Management Tools (like SCCM/SCOM/SCSM or similar tools from other vendors) - preferred
- Experience supporting SQL Server Databases using MS Failover Clustering Services - preferred
- Experience supporting Terminal Servers, VDI and COTS applications in a multi farm environment - preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience managing a medium to large Windows Server environment (500+ Servers)
- ITA (DoD 8570) Level II Certification