We are looking for a full time senior mobile apps developer (Android) to join our team based in Chantilly, VA to build a native app for video/audio content delivery through a retail ecommerce platform. Excellent oral and written communication is a must and so is inter-personal skills and team spirit. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- The developer will lead the entire application lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support.
- Responsible for quality and performance of the apps
- Responsible for code check-ins, maintainability and ongoing enhancements as needed
- Must be capable of translating high level user requirements into technical tasks.
The ideal candidate for the Mobile and Table Applications Developer at TGC will have:
- 6 to 9 years of Android/Java application development experience, with a portion in Android Studio and/or Gradle
- Experience developing user experiences in native Android and mixed HTML/Android apps.
- Experience designing applications and services from the ground up
- At least one completed app in Apple AppStore or Google Play -- include the links in your resume or cover letter
- Good understanding of OOP, concurrency, synchronization, memory management
- Experience with in-app purchasing with integration to payment processors is highly desirable
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
- Ideal candidate will also possess experience with Roku, iOS, Android and Kindle/Amazon apps
- Experience in content space with audio/visual like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, MLB, etc., would be a huge plus
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Strong team-orientation
- Superior verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is expected
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Successful history of launching mobile and tablet applications
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape