In immediate need of Radio Frequency Identification Installation Technicians to provide on-site installation, testing, and support for our client in support of deploying RFID technology equipment. This job involves hands-on training and work, including evaluating customer requirements to ensure systems are installed in accordance with technical specifications and statement of work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent customer service and experience throughout the course of a project.
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as project management, and customer support/services.
- Assist other team members with preparing equipment for installation into multiple vehicle types.
- Perform testing procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting of RFID hardware and software.
- Able to work independently or with team member.
- Available to travel in VA, MD, DC, DE, PA, RI, NJ, NY, and MA
- Fill out installation reports and track progress.
- Install and maintain equipment, such as, antennas, cables, control modules equipment in field installation
- Perform hands-on, on-site troubleshooting, service and repairs
- Consult with vendor engineering personnel to resolve unanticipated technical issues.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Individuals may be required to lead 2-person team during the execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Individuals will be required to work in various conditions to include outdoor motor pools or garage facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly interacting with customer representatives.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position with core work hours Monday – Thursday, 7:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. and adjustable to accommodate customer requirements.
- Individuals must be available to travel in VA, MD, DC, DE, PA, RI, NJ, NY, and MA
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education and Experience: • Associates degree or higher • Prior Service a plus
- Basic maintenance and electronic knowledge or experience is a plus
- RFID knowledge or experience is a plus
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects
- Business maturity with a “Can-do” attitude
- Self-starter with high initiative
- Must be able to travel every week to locations mention under responsibilities. Travel 80-90% for client installation and support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Security Clearance: Not Required
Other Duties: Employee May be required to drive various vehicles, such as vans, mini-vans, or pickup truck.