Facilities Management Account Executive
The Facilities Management Account Executive provides professional direction and strategic leadership to a comprehensive facilities management organization responsible for the housekeeping, maintenance, operation, planning and construction of physical assets, grounds and infrastructure; assists in the planning and management of capital renewal and replacement budgets as they relate to the support of plant maintenance and improvements; manages real estate development, acquisition, and disposition in accordance with established master plans; and works collaboratively with all units within the account to develop a high quality, fully functional physical plan that is safe, clean, well maintained and conducive to meeting the needs of the account.
- Design, establish, and maintain staffing and organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departmental function; recruit, employ, supervise and evaluate departmental staff; direct the implementation of management development, skills training and safety and labor relations programs; coordinate with other entities initiatives/programs regarding affirmative action, union negotiation and equal opportunity.
- Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, and strategic plans, polices and operating procedures, monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effect changes required for improvement.
- Advise the client on funding needs to adequately maintain the physical facilities of the institution, and assist the administration in the allocation of fiscal resources for various capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Provide annual and long range planning for the account facilities to include construction, renovation and renewal projects and general maintenance and upkeep programs in accordance with client strategies and master plans.
- Work with the client analyze and assess maintenance, growth, and facilities needs pertaining to programmatic changes. Develop and implement programs, strategies and plans to meet those needs, preparing conceptual plans for new facilities as appropriate. Provide input into, and recommendations for, the space utilization plan for the account.
- Develop and administer the annual departmental budget. Plan, develop and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the department. Conduct periodic reviews of budgetary practices and financial issues aimed at ensuring accountability and adherence to fiscally sound best business practices. Recommend allocation of funded depreciation account to specific projects.
- Monitor capital construction projects and budgets, providing strategic direction, coordination and leadership to facilities project managers in all facets of the design, implementation, and administration of individual project plans and assuring compliance with administrative policies and sound financial practices.
- Work with energy conservation and sustainability teams to develop and implement effective energy conservation and sustainability programs. Make recommendations and participate in the planning and establishment of new/enhanced utilities services.
- Assess FM information technology needs to assure most effective systems to support program functions; recommend upgrades and improvements.
- Oversee preparation and negotiation of contracts, leases, deed, mortgages and other real property legal documents on behalf of the client. Analyze the real estate market to identify/respond to acquisition/disposition opportunities/requests. Recommend the acquisition and disposition of real estate properties ensuring adherence to the client’s master plan.
- Represent department and client on System Office planning and policy making meetings, committees and task forces. Act as liaison with local municipalities to encourage collaboration on projects of mutual interest and impact.
- Work collaboratively with clients’ FM office and the Facilities Directors and Managers to develop system-wide protocols and procedures and ensure compliance with system mandates.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and local regulatory requirements, as well as environmental impact issues. Assess safety compliance needs pertaining to the accounts physical assets. Participate in the emergency response planning.
- Establish Best Practices and Standard Operating Procedures related to all aspects of FM responsibilities including, but not limited to, regulatory compliance, quality control, construction administration, asset management, personnel, safety, energy initiatives, and financial management. Create and maintain manuals addressing Best Practices and SOP’s.
- Stay current on industry trends, and attend related training and conferences to create progressive systems and implement contemporary strategies in facilities management leadership.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises departmental professional employees responsible for the day-to-day management of capital construction; maintenance and operations; energy utilities and infrastructure; and administration, finance and IT.
- Oversees a departmental staff of 200+ regular and temporary employees. Has full responsibility for hiring and terminating employees and overseeing departmental employee training, scheduling and evaluating in an environment governed by one (1) bargaining units as well as non—represented employees.
- Oversight of large, complex budgets.
- 10+ years of successful related experience, combined with a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate related discipline.
- Experience in sound financial management to include responsibilities for managing budget in a challenging financial environment while maintaining quality output and resource control.
- Comprehensive understanding of FM and operations management, utility operations and infrastructure.
- Experience using computers and FM management systems.
- Experience in administration of multiple maintenance and capital construction projects from conception to completion.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field preferred.
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred.