Field Engineer 2 - Chicago
Day to Day Work Responsible for on-site installing, maintaining and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance. Takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services or problem escalation.
- Keeps Commitments,Advanced
- Builds Trust,Experienced
- Windows 7,Advanced
- End User Support of Outlook,Experienced
- Macintosh OS,Advanced
- Windows 10,Advanced
• Apple/MAC Deskside support required. This site has heavy MAC support. (75/25 MAC vs PC)
• General hardware break/fix of laptops, desktops
• Troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software issues to maintain business continuity
• New hardware upgrades; installs, moves, adds, changes in a laptop and desktop environment
• Optimizing hardware/software/networking products and configurations as scripted ensuring customer satisfaction.
• High School diploma or GED required
• ACMT (Apple) Certification a plus
• Background investigation and drug screen required
• 3 or more years of experience in a hands-on desk side support role required
• Must have valid driver’s license with reliable vehicle and appropriate insurance, or reliable transportation to assure on-time attendance
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software required
• Experience supporting Apple / Mac / iOS products required. Apple certification strongly desired.
• Proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve software and operating system issues.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
• A+, HP certifications a plus
Job Status: Contract/Temporary