The Firewall Engineer is responsible for the installation and management of security systems across the entire organization's network, including IDS, firewalls, log capture, etc, in a smaller deployment they may also be responsible for monitoring and reacting to their output, though this would ordinarily fall to Security Analysts
- Maintaining operational effectiveness and efficiency by performing research on new LAN/WAN technology, designing changes to LAN and WAN activities, developing testing procedures and implementing changes
- Protects LAN/WAN networks by assessing current security posture.
- Will be involved in the review of security implications of new applications, optimizing network integrity by reconfiguring network core equipment, installing local and/or wide area networks, communications software, equipment, and network facilities.
- Coordination, setup, and preparation of environment in support of corporate initiatives.
- Coordination between environment support teams.
- Environment monitoring for purposes of capacity planning.
- Identification and escalation of environment issues as pertaining ability/inability to function at expected performance level.
- Planning for environment expansion in support of business growth.
- Coordination with other business groups in providing open communication specific to all environment activities, including testing, upgrades, scheduled down time.
- Working in conjunction with Technical Delivery Managers in planning for environment implementation and release management.
- Thorough knowledge of Palo Alto Networks’ product solutions to include firewalls, Panorama, IPSEC VPN, Threat Protection, and Global Protect.
- Working knowledge of BlueCoat Proxy SG, CAS, and SSL Visibility Appliance.
- Experience with configuring, maintaining, and upgrading Gigamon appliances.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- 8+ years of experience in application development.?
Job Status: Contract/Temporary