General Manager - DC
The General Manager operates in a retail environment and serves as the company’s main representative and directs all service operations within the operation. The General Manager provides a positive experience for each customer to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial client relationship.
In addition to directing the operations of the store, the General Manager plans and supervises all special services, manages cash control and payroll records, hiring and training of associates, and maintains customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
CLIENT AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION/RELATIONS:
- Ensure that all associates demonstrate respect to customers.
- Ensure that all associates comply with all health and safety guidelines
- Train all associates on all products and services offered
- Follow up with customer comment cards.
BUSINESS GROWTH AND MARKETING:
- Maintain an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the restaurant.
- Identify and recommends new sales and revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Chief Operating Officer regarding customer communications and customer retention patterns.
- Promote and leverage the company’s name and resources to maximum advantage throughout the business.
- Develop a business plan and budget for the operation with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Develop financial forecasts and balances programs and resources for the operation.
- Control expenses within the operation.
- Is responsible for attainment of financial goals for the operation.
- Is responsible for accuracy and timeliness of all financial data and statistics.
- Monitors period analysis reports and initiates action plans as necessary.
- Monitors and audits the accounting and control process within the restaurant.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrate and promote the company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Promote teamwork within the restaurant.
- Coach and counsel associates and managers as needed, provide continuous feedback on performance and applies appropriate development tools to assist in their individual growth.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all time.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for compliance with all Human Resource policies and procedures by all associates within the restaurant.
- Direct the Human Resource planning process to ensure the restaurant is adequately staffed.
- Provide opportunities for advancement and other developmental experiences for successful managers and associates.
- Responsible for selection of restaurant associates and as required, management associates.
- High volume table service experience.
- Considerable experience in both FOH and BOH systems.
- Proper service experience.
- Social media.
- Experience enhancing local sales and marketing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays. Typical workweek may require 55 hours or more.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Must be Food Handler Licensed
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite is preferred
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required