The kitchen manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of the restaurant. He/She is responsible for hiring staff, purchasing food, and ensure that all staff is certified in safe and proper food handling as required by law. The kitchen manager also manages all labor cost through efficient scheduling of employee hours. Managing these costs, without ever sacrificing quality, will ensure maximum profits for the restaurant. The Kitchen Manager will always ensure that the restaurant standards are continuously maintained - resulting in a dining experience that meets or exceeds the expectations of guests.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to detail (pertaining to food quality presentation)
- Leadership skills (leading by example, rallying his/her team during busy shifts, resolving conflicts, working through obstacles to get the job done.)
- Organizational skills ( coordinating workschedules, cleaning schedules and deliveries of products)
- Teaching and Training (guiding staff through current food trends, safety techniques and quality control)
- Fostering an environment which encourages initiative and suggestions by staff (open communication between staff and management regarding new food ideas and/or work flow issues)
- Impeccable customer service skills (building and maintaining loyal customer base through friendly and courteous encounters.)