MITA Technical Analyst
This MITA Technical Analyst will be a valued member of the Arkansas Department of Human Information Technology Project Management Office (AR DHS IT PMO). The Technical Analyst will work collaboratively with the client, the Arkansas Department of Information Services (DIS), and other vendors working on the MITA SSA Project and Initiatives. The Technical Analyst will provide direction and oversight of MITA standards and act as a liaison between state business teams and project IT vendors.
Description of job
The MITA Technical Analyst will work alongside the Contract Project Manager to assist with scheduling, prioritizing, and managing efforts to effectively communicate State Business needs as they pertain to the MITA standards The MITA Technical Analyst will identify and document deficiencies in existing healthcare administration business processes and information systems, develop alternatives for solutions to problems and, where appropriate, assist in implementing improved or new business processes or automated systems.
Additional duties include:
- Develop ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ models as part of re-engineering projects
- Identify business processes affected by CMS Seven Conditions and Standards
- Develop gap analyses and transition plans
- Responsible for interfacing with Client and business users
- Client relationship and expectation management including working on a daily basis with key client leadership
- Develop client deliverables in accordance with project requirements and company documentation standards
- Provide recommendations to the client on critical business and project decisions
- Ensure that all reporting processes and methodologies are executed and followed as applicable
- Create and sustain a culture that encourages high performance of individuals and teams
- Identify and report project issues and risks
- Interface with client, vendor, and business users
- Collaborate with other team members to provide subject matter expertise and assistance as applicable
- Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, ARRA, ACA, and other security requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience using industry standards, PMI, CMMI, NIST, and IEEE
- Must have understanding of entire Medicaid Procurement life cycle
- Must have participated on at least one large, complex system project
- Minimum 3 years’ experience using standard system architectures, networks, and data exchange formats that promote interoperability
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Ability to review and summarize system documentation for common systems associated with a Medicaid Enterprise including MMIS, Eligibility, DSS/DW, EDMS, Workflow management, POS/PBM, MARS/SURS, and Web Portal
- Ability to organize system specifications into aggregate information including platform, security software, concurrent users, data types, backend database, user types, transaction volumes
- Ability to facilitate technical training, discovery, and assessment sessions with subject matter experts
- Ability to analyze and identify functional gaps between As Is and To Be technical capabilities for common Medicaid Enterprise systems
- Ability to apply industry best practices and future state/federal mandates to existing systems and Medicaid environment to make enterprise recommendations for centralization and functional improvements
- Must have excellent communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
Job Status: Contract/Temporary