Network Monitoring Enginer
This is an opportunity to work in a world class Network Operations Center at the Department of Homeland Security to provide support to one of the Nations' premier Wide area Network operations centers. Ideal candidates will have skills and experience in the following areas: Ability to Tune, query, and Monitoring, experience with CA Spectrum or HP Openview is highly desirable, as well as ServiceDesk and Remedy. Ability to triage a problem, escalate it and run a bridge as necessary.
- Experience preferred but knowledge required of Unix (AIX, LINUX, HP) and Windows server support
- Experience configuring, implementing, maintaining and supporting CA Spectrum in large environments
- Configure the OneNet Network Map (currently CA spectrum) to accurately display the current status (e.g. red, yellow, or green) of all devices on ONeNet managed devices as well as all other devices supporting the WAN.
- Experience with SANM (Spectrum Automation Notification Manager)
- 2+ years configuiring Network Devices such as Switches, Routers, WANs, MPLs VPNs
- Extreme knowledgeable in SNMP
- 3+ years of experience with scripting language such as Perl, XML, shell, REST, HTML
- Ability to create reports and Global Collections using CA Spectrum
- Ability to Discover and model network and infrastructure.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
Cisco, ACS, Xceedium as well as familiarity with Infoblox and or NIMS.