Project Manager - MMIS
The Project Manager will be a member of the DVHA IT Project Portfolio team and will support the MMIS Program of Projects. The MMIS Program includes a variety of projects of different sizes, risk and complexity. These projects address technical solutions to modernize the Agency’s processes and systems.
The Project Manager oversees multiple medium to large complexity/risk/impact projects which may follow Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) and/or hybrid project lifecycles.
Additional duties include:
- Development of a robust project charter, using a prescribed format, in partnership with the Business Lead/Project Owner, detailing: project objectives; baseline assumptions for scope, schedule and budget; business case; measures of success; risks and assumptions; and resource requirements.
- Co-Leading a project team with the Business Lead as a component of the broader MMIS Program.
- Developing and tracking a detailed schedule, using the Agency’s PPMT tool, CA Clarity, showing critical milestones, task dependencies and durations.
- Assigning individual responsibilities within the project team and tracking performance against assigned tasks/deliverables.
- Supporting development of procurement artifacts, including RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, and Contracts in partnership with the Procurement team and MMIS Program’s procurement process workflow.
- Supervising vendor(s), in partnership with the vendor manager and vendor contract owner(s), to ensure timely delivery of quality deliverables according to the contract(s) requirements.
- Communicating and coordinating with senior project management, external suppliers/vendors, multiple functional areas and program managers, verbally and via weekly written status reports (following an Agency prescribed template and reporting schedule).
- May be required to deliver presentations to senior leadership and Agency stakeholders regarding the project.
- Risk and Issue Management: identifying future roadblocks (risks) and developing mitigation strategies; developing solutions to a variety of problems (issues) using standard problem-solving tools and techniques. Follows the MMIS Program process for Risk and Issue Reporting and Escalation.
- Change Management: follows the AHS Governance and Change Control process to document and escalate changes to the project scope, schedule and/or budget. In partnership with the Business Lead, manages vendor and software change requests through the Governance Change Control process.
- DeliveringLessons Learned documentation and presentation at the end of the project and as requested during the life of the project (e.g. following a significant issue or accomplishment)
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- 5+ Years Project Manager experience
- 5+ Years of Healthcare IT experience
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- Familiarity and comfort with CA Clarity PPMT tool.
- Experience with the Open Workbench (OWB) Add-In to CA Clarity.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Visio.
- Proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary