We are seeking a full-time technical writer and communications
professional to join our team as Proposal Coordinator. This position will work with other members of the Marketing Department to respond to a wide variety of Requests for Proposals (RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs) for both the private and public sectors. This position will also assist with coordinating proposal activities, developing proposal documents, maintaining the proposal library, preparing kick-off documents, and attending meetings. Other marketing tasks will include:
- Composing newsletter articles
- Assisting with marketing campaigns
- Creating and updating other collateral documents.
Ideal candidates for this role will be excellent writers, have proven experience in responding to RFPs, possess excellent communication skills, and be able to interview others and clearly craft text. Candidates should have at least five years of experience in a writing capacity, preferably in the A/E Industry with a focus on the Environmental Sector. The Proposal Coordinator is expected to be substantive contributor to the documents described above, rather than just a process coordinator. Must be able to work well and collaborate with others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working with all internal departments to develop a strategy for RFP and proposal responses and coordinate participation and responses company-wide, as well as with subcontractor and consultant businesses;
- The ability to understand and communicate, both written and verbally, with various disciplines (e.g., engineering, environmental science, and archeology)
- Obtaining, writing, and editing original text for all proposals with attention to crafting narrative formats that are consistent across departments – ensuring all materials sound like “one voice;”
- Tailoring template content to answer questions in a strategic, dynamic, and directly responsive manner
- Reviewing, updating, and editing proposals
- Matching experience in resumes to task requirements
- Confirming that proposals meet submission requirements and ensure proper and timely delivery
- Working with project managers to ensure that project descriptions and other materials used for RFPs/marketing efforts stay updated
- Supporting proposal team activities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience at writing marketing content for a wide variety of media.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in addition to strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Adobe and In-design experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Website design experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience completing various government RFP forms (e.g., SF 330, SF 255/254, etc.)
- Must be highly organized and be sensitive and responsive to internal and external client demands and deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully, many with tight deadlines.
- Ability to assess, adapt and reprioritize projects quickly when situations change.
- Willingness to be flexible and perform responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as the department's and the firm's needs change.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required; journalism, communications, marketing, technical writing or similar discipline preferred; or environmental degree with proposal experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar capacity as described above, preferably in the
A/E Industry ideally with a focus on the Environmental Sector.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary