Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
As a Proposal Manager, you are at the center of business development and scoping of the future project execution. You will have the responsibility for management of proposal development projects and proposal teams. You are the motivating and driving force behind your matrixed proposal team. By combining your skills and experiences with your winning mentality and drive, you contribute to transforming opportunities into high quality proposals.
The role of Proposal Manager is a critical part of the team as you will be responsible for multiple new business opportunities at the same time. You will coordinate and optimize activities across proposals and between content contributors, and manage through shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements which may require off-hours work to accomplish tasks for a proposal deadline. Your daily work will primarily take place in proposal teams, where you - together with the responsible business leader and subject matter experts - create proposals that win contracts. As a Proposal Manager, your responsibilities will include but won’t be limited to:
- Responsible for planning, development and completion of federal and DoD proposals.
- Manages proposal strategy according to the business development and capture strategy.
- Lead proposal meetings and reviews with internal and external stakeholders including teaming partners, senior company leaders, and subject matter experts
- Prepare clear and concise briefing materials for senior management
- Responsible for writing and developing proposal content.
- Develop proposal outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, and provide direction to leadership and cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts
- Strong research, evaluation/analysis, writing and attention to detail are critical to this role.
- Knowledgeable of regulations governing Federal and DoD procurements and contract vehicles
- Analyze proposal documents for quality of the proposal for reviews and final delivery by performing rigorous quality assurance and compliance checks on draft and final documents
- Responsible for managing and updating CRM
- Manage and track multiple proposals, including solicitation amendments
You will likely have a background in proposal management, project management, or similar discipline. A background in IT and/or the Department of Defense industry is preferred. You must possess excellent written and communication skills and have prior experience with proposal management best practices such as the Shipley method.
You have relevant experience in the following areas:
- 5-10 years in Federal Government proposal management, proposal development, and/or the direct management of proposal operational organizations
- Motivating and engaging colleagues and teams despite busy schedules and conflicting priorities
- Leading the entire proposal process from pre-proposal, to proposal kickoff, to proposal delivery and ensuring compliance
- Analyzing requests for proposals, creating proposal outlines and schedules, managing the activities of writers, developing storyboards, and working under tight deadlines
- Reviewing and assessing federal government RFI and RFPs including requirements and award criteria (experience with Department of Defense solicitations and proposals is preferred)
- Performing document reviews and contributing to proposal writing as necessary
- Managing and improving proposal process and templates
- High proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
You are ambitious and constantly raise the bar. You have the will and the ability to continuously develop yourself, and as a team player, contribute to the continuous development of both the team and the company.