Quality Assurance Manager - Howard University
Ensures personnel are following procedures when performing repairs to equipment and maintenance through various audits, inspections and tests. Conducts market research and provides a competitive landscape as it pertains to engineering, maintenance, custodial and grounds services.
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality.
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied.
- Report all malfunctions to production executives to ensure immediate action.
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data.
- Review current standards and policies.
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation.
- Ensure all legal standards are met.
- Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or relevant role.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field.
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift objects.
- Work environment will be a combination of an office and facilities being managed/supervised.
- Must have the ability to travel to and from various buildings on campus grounds using standard forms of transportation.