Responsible for acquiring and maintaining new catering customers and booking private parties for the company. Development of quality leads to ensure growth. Expected to meet or exceed given sales goals within assigned territory.
· Prospect new potential catering clients by cold calling, office visits, tastings, and demonstrations.
· Follow-up on every potential lead to secure a catering client.
· Demonstrate and present catering services to potential clients.
· Schedule private parties.
· Become proficient in the company catering menus and services.
· Become knowledgeable about the local competition and be able to speak to what the company's attributes are in comparison.
· Maintain new catering relationships and rekindle past catering relationships (done through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, emails, and mailing).
· Attend regularly scheduled meetings. (could be via phone)
· Provide regular communication regarding new prospects, appointments, and plans of action & sales.
· Fosters a culture of “total customer experience.”
· Take ownership of the client relationship and ensure that their catering experience with the company exceeds expectations.
· Track & report all customer sales and usage monthly.
· Analyze sales progress regularly to determine what tactics are most effective and adjust accordingly.
· Analyze customer usage to better understand overall business trends, as well as individual user trends over time.
· Personally handles large orders, specific requests, and special orders.
· Communicate with the Marketing, local catering GM and management team regularly to report progress, developments, and opportunities.
· Work with local management team to promote the overall brand to aid the region in achieving positive sales and profit trends.
· Respond to opportunities, issues, and concerns with a sense of urgency.
· Create an environment of trust, mutual respect, and credibility.
· Bachelor Degree in hospitality or marketing preferred.
· Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills, listening and interpersonal skills.
· 2-3 years catering sales experience.
· Minimum 1 year of food and beverage operations experience.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Customer service oriented.
· Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment.