The scrum master is responsible for executing the SAFe scrum process for an agile team of ~9 people. The scrum master must facilitate the daily scrum, participate in sprint planning with the Product Owner, and contribute to the sprint demo and retrospective meetings. The scrum master must facilitate collaboration and communication amongst the team and with external stakeholders, as well as track and remove impediments to expedite progress.
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out of self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the gaps left in the SAFe/Scrum frameworks.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Training and Certifications:
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification a plus. Applicable software or hardware certifications commensurate with the technical objectives a plus.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 8 years of related technical experience
Job Status: Contract/Temporary