Security Coordination Center Specialist
We are in immediate need for an individual who has an interest in security operations and global security. This individual must be reliable and be able to communicate well, both verbally and written. This is a great introductory level position to analysis and investigation.
Under minimal supervision, performs duties in support of Corporate Security programs to provide for the safety and security of the company's employees. Utilizes and monitors security and life safety systems, to include radios, alarms, cameras, and satellite phones to safeguard Bechtel personnel and property. Monitors media and contract information providers for up to the minute information on world events and reports activities and events of concern to Corporate Security managers. Tracks business travels of company's employees. Produces daily and specialized reports for senior managers. Acts as the focal point for incoming queries to Corporate Security and directs individuals to the correct source for resolution of the queries.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Monitors security, life safety and emergency systems. Resolves alarm and other emergency conditions affecting the safety and security of company's personnel and property.
- Researches and analyzes a wide variety of security related topics, and writes clear, complete reports of results and recommendations.
- Executes appropriate routine and emergency notification procedures and accurately documents these occurrences per procedures to ensure that all information received is processed, acknowledged and documented in an effective and efficient manner.
- Monitors electronic access control and alarm systems; initiates and coordinates appropriate response/notification per established security policies and procedures.
- Screens, identifies and compiles relevant security information from live media outlets/websites and notifies appropriate security personnel. This requires good judgment, independent decision making, and understanding/recognition of information/situations which require the immediate attention of Corporate Security management. May provide written and/or verbal briefing as requested.
- Acts as worldwide emergency first point of contact and redirects calls to the appropriate individual/department for action in a timely manner.
- Operates company's travel security program.
- Assists Corporate Security Managers and Incident Management Teams during emergencies by disseminating and processing information.
- Experience in private sector security, law enforcement, military service or a communication center environment.
- Strong familiarity with electronic access control, intrusion detection, and closed-circuit TV security systems.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays, and fill in for other Security Coordination Center (SCC) personnel as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable of reading and understanding written regulations, orders and instructions and capable of composing precise, complete reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on radio and telephone.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Ability to adapt to new software programs as they are implemented.
- Strong internet search skills and the ability to identify the connection between current events and their impact on Bechtel personnel/facilities.
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.