Senior Cyber Security Specialist
Under the supervision of the Manager, Information Security, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
•Manage and own the vulnerability scanning, testing, and remediation process.
• Provide appropriate training to other security specialists and external customers on developed standards, procedures and guidelines.
• Implement necessary enhancements/updates/upgrades to existing security products.
• Support and deploy systems, information security applications and hardware, and infrastructure components to protect the security of FEPOC CareFirst information.
• Represent Information Security in disaster recovery procedures and exercises.
• Test and report on new technologies and reporting security concerns through the creation of security vulnerability assessments.
• Serve as senior technical information security coordinator/project lead and as a contributor to cross functional teams for deployment and support of security specific infrastructure to provide information security to the enterprise.
• Provide support and guidance to a team of technically diverse personnel of junior level security specialists
• Design, implement, and integrate security solutions to address enterprise risks and exposures.
• Design and implement security solutions to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of security operations, controls and infrastructure.
• Performing security governance through the design and implementation of security policies, procedures, guidelines and standards to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems and data.
Apply technology and processes to ensure the enterprise is protected and secured in the following areas:
• Provide data protection (through the use of technologies such as whole disk encryption, end-to-end e-mail security, public and private key management, data leakage prevention, web applications and source code security, database security, etc.)
• Network devices and infrastructure, desktop/mobile devices and remote access to the network,
• Information governance to ensure data is managed based on its sensitivity.
• Information governance through information security policies, guidelines, and standards
• Perform day-to-day maintenance and addressing issues and problems associated with relevant security tools.
• Provide general support to the Information Security department in carrying out its’ assigned functions and responsibilities.
• Provide off-hours support and problem resolution as directed by departmental requirements, service level agreements and internal support procedures.
• Provide assistance with audit issues and concerns affecting the Information Security department
• Interact with other Technical and Operation Support Service teams to develop tactical and strategic programs to address processes, controls, organization and infrastructure to manage information security related concerns and satisfy directives.
• Properly interpret business and technical requirements into security solutions and designs that are consistent with the current information security architecture.
• Implement and assist in enforcement of company security policies.
• Document results of system and application reviews including corrective action taken and security related documentation.
• Assist with reviews of current and new FEPOC systems and applications, including changes to existing applications/systems, to assure compliance with Information Security policies and standards.
• Apply creative thinking in problem solving and identifying opportunities for improvements in security.
• Utilize IDS/IPS systems, SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management) tools and network scanners to review, assess, and document incidents and vulnerabilities to improve security.
• Provide Information Security related recommendations regarding FEPOC infrastructure components (communications network, physical security, data access, computer hardware/software and data confidentiality, integrity, and availability).
• Work with intra/interdepartmental technical and business personnel in a dynamic and varying environment.
• Collaborate with other Information Security specialists, designers, developers, and architects.
• Work with other technical teams in the organization to achieve corporate objectives.
• Share ideas, discuss alternatives, and seek input. Suggest means to decrease vulnerability of systems, applications and processes.
• Maintain familiarity with state of the art concepts, procedures, software and techniques in Information Security in order to be able to effectively assess and develop the FEPOC Information Security environment.
Required: College Degree in an Information Security or Technology related field or equivalent experience plus 3 - 6 years related work experience. The incumbent will possess a high level of expertise in information security concepts, information security policies and system architecture concepts and have experience in process definition, workflow design, and process mapping. In depth understanding in multiple areas of Information Security such as networking (TCP/IP, OSI model, network protocols), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, switches, routers, IPSEC, IDS/IPS, etc.), voice technologies (session border controllers, MPLS, VOIP, etc.), authentication technologies, (TACACS, RADIUS, etc.), wireless architectures, encryption key management, and mobile device technologies. Must have knowledge of vulnerability assessments, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, and governance. The incumbent must also have an ability to quickly and effectively learn Information Security tools in a large, complex multi-platform environment.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues and develop security solutions to meet FEPOC's business and technology goals.
• Strong written documentation skills and technical writing are required.
• Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively complete tasks with a minimal level of supervision.
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, various e-mail systems (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange) and unified communication systems (Office Communication Server).
Possess broad understanding of the following systems/skill sets:
System hardening concepts and techniques
Vulnerability scanning tools
Network and remote access controls
LDAP, Unix, Active Directory, Java, EJB, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Kerboros, PKI, XML, WSDL, Web Services, Ant, and Spring Framework
Unix, Linux, Web application servers (WebSphere, Apache)
Virtualization technologies (VMware, VLANS, Hypervisors)
Encryption technologies and key management
Web application servers
Web application and IP firewalls
• Familiarity with access control methodologies (MAC, DAC. RBAC)
• Specific knowledge of the FEPOC corporate structure.
• Hands on experience with Nessus Security Center or comparable tool
• Ability to understand and apply appropriate polices and procedures.
• Knowledge of ethical hacking techniques and counter attack methodologies.
• Familiarity with security tools such as wireless and network scanning applications, vulnerability assessment applications and concepts, IDS/IPS and other appropriate security related tools and capabilities.
• Experience working with Information Security tools in a large, complex, multi-platform environment.