Software Engineer - Level 4
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams. Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience developing enterprise applications in one or more front-end and back-end programming languages
- Self-starter requiring minimal oversight and direction
- Jira or comparable SCRUM/SDLC management software
- GitHub or comparable version control software
- Confluence or comparable wiki/collaboration tools
- MS Project and other management & reporting tools
- Experience with AWS and scripted infrastructure a plus
- Ansible, Docker, Chef/Puppet or similar experience a plus
Training and Certifications:
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification a plus. Applicable software or hardware certifications commensurate with the technical objectives a plus.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 8 years of related technical experience
Job Status: Contract/Temporary