Sr, Finance Manager
As Senior Manager, Finance the selected candidate will be responsible for all financial management and will work closely with our international parent company to ensure financial management alignment. This job entails overall financial management and accounting leadership and includes responsibilities for financial planning (long and short term), budgeting, accounting, financial statements, managing A/R, monitoring the financial status company, maintaining internal controls, ensuring audit readiness, and performing the necessary and appropriate financial/program analysis. Additionally, this role will be responsible for implementing enterprise-wide consolidated accounting and financial management ERP system, as well as maturing financial policies and procedures.
A desirable candidate brings a balanced blend of financial thought leadership with a hands-on ability to navigate complex financial artifacts and understand them. Attention to detail is imperative as is the ability to work and communicate with various stakeholders. This position requires an intimate understanding of financial management within US federal government contracting. This is a high-profile position and includes regular interactions with the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
- Oversee AR, AP, Revenue Recognition, Monthly and Annual Close Process, Payroll
- Develop Annual budget in coordination with US Board of Directors and international parent company
- Oversee Project and Program Control Reporting
- Work with Program and Project Managers in coordination with Sales and Proposal teams to ensure an accurate 12-month rolling forecast
- Proactively work with Company Management to seek improvements in financial reporting and policies and procedures
- Ensure DCAA audit readiness
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in newly implemented JAMIS ERP System
- Work with Proposal staff to ensure accurate and appropriate pricing during proposal process
- Work with Management to determine the direction of internal accounting group (internal or outsourced)
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of required Local, State & Federal Tax Filings
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent degree and ten years of relevant experience
- Strong background in government contracting processes, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DCAA and DCMA
- Experience with multiple contract types (CPFF/CPIF, CPAF, FFP/FPIF) desired.
- Exposure and experience with Earned Value Management is required.
- Strong background with Cost Accounting.
- Familiarity with JAMIS Accounting Systems is a plus.
- Must be proficient/expert in the use of Microsoft Excel and pivot tables, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Awareness of Earned Value, Program Finance, Financial Reporting, and Incurred Cost Submissions.
- Experience supporting Contract Administration and Proposal Preparation.
- Must be a proactive self-starter that works well under a moderate level of guidance
Your skills and personality
Relevant education and experience from working in financial and accounting management within federal government contracting is required.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, constantly striving to develop their personal skill set as well as others around them. Strong communication skills are required, as is an internal drive that is obvious and impactful to others. The ability to develop relationships with people, and the ability to be at ease in formal and informal settings is imperative. This position is based out of Centreville, VA and will include minimal international travel as necessary.