Sr. Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for performing project management activities on concurrent, large and complex projects and for the application of project management discipline to ensure successful delivery of business and technical projects. The SPM leads, performs and provides consulting on all activities related to the OF project management lifecycle.
The SPM also serves as a champion for improvements to the project management lifecycle. The SPM provides guidance to identify, evaluate and develop project management methods and practices that are efficient, effective and meet the needs of the Office of Finance (OF). The SPM is responsible for building and maintaining productive working relationships between multiple business units and constituencies, including strategic partners. The Senior Project Manager provides OF leadership with timely information regarding the project status, which may include but is not limited to project dependencies, resource allocations, schedule, budget and risks.
- Lead and manage activities outlined in the OF Project Management Life Cycle, OF SaaS Guide.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for business units, technical team and external partners such as vendors, Banks during project initiation, planning, execution and closing phases.
- Create and/or maintain project artifacts including project charter, project schedule, contracts, vendor artifacts, status reports, issues, risks, communication plan, project portfolio data, IT Governance Group status report, project KPIs and cost reports.
- Maintain alignment of project management activities with applicable OF policies and procedures.
- Provide direction for contract resources on a project when necessary.
- Recommend and customize project management approach based on the complexity of project.
- Serve as a consultant for business and technical teams who manage projects that do not have a dedicated PMO project manager or business analyst.
- Conduct project overviews for new employees or project team members.
- Maintain sound knowledge of organizational policies and business processes, and assist with project estimation, COTS and SaaS tool selection.
- Support implementation of portfolio management strategy, including Project Oversight Committee support, portfolio data accuracy and project dashboard communication to the organization.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of the project management discipline by engaging with the FHLBank PMO Work Group and maintaining knowledge of industry standards.
- Assist with PMO audits.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree in management, engineering, IT or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a project manager role, preferably in a financial institution.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of demonstrated large, complex IT project management experience utilizing Microsoft Project or an equivalent tool.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex IT Projects in a fast- paced environment.
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and project team members without direct authority.
- Experience in traditional “waterfall” and agile project delivery methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
- Business Analysis experience preferred
- Knowledge of capital markets/ financial reporting preferred