Sr. Security Specialist
Duties may include:
- Monitor and manage security programs and operations supported by and providing status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Assist, collaborate, and coordinate with other SIS offices and divisions (SISP, SISO, SISI, SISX, SISC, etc.).
- Develop solutions, and convey to internal and external customers.
- Provide agency level technical expertise concerning the identified security disciplines and operations support.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Prepare and disseminate security procedures/guidance.
- Provide guidance as required in implementing security requirements.
- Manage project milestones.
- Develop life cycle plans.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of security actions.
- Conduct inspections and performs assistance visits, as required.
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to keep abreast of current personnel.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Acts as liaison between NGA and other federal agencies and contractors.
- Risk management – conducts surveys and render impact statements or recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external customers
- Prepares various forms of correspondence.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve
- difficult and complex security issues.
- Provide security guidance to contractors using DoD and IC regulations and requirements – analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Investigate and prepare impact statements, and provide recommendations on security/security violations.
- Prepare SCI Controlled Access Programs (CAP’s), Special Access Programs (SAP), Alternative Compensatory Control Measures (ACCM) and other collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractors visiting other government facilities.
- Provide technical security expertise in one or more of the following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Develop the required program/operation to support tasks/requirements.
- TS/SCI Clearance required