Test Lead will work with the Test Manager and project team to fully understand the test cases and the requirements they represent. He/she will work collaboratively with the Test Manager and client in creating the test management plan, leading the development and execution of test scripts, tracking and reporting testing issues / defects, and any other items. The Test Lead will work with Test Manager to oversee the process for all testing and evaluation of project initiatives and identify issues in software or services. He/she will analyze discrepancies in service or performance and make recommendations for product or service updates. The Test Lead will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Test Lead will perform a variety of tasks while also leading and assisting the Test Manager in directing the work of others. He/she will coordinate with the Test Manager to oversee all testing efforts. As necessary, he/she will help with UAT testing to plan and organize UAT, coordinate and monitor testing, monitor defects, create defect reports, work with vendors and the state to resolve the defects/bugs. He/she will ensure software testing is done on-time and as planned and notify management about bottle-necks and other issues and risks. He/she will also manage testing artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience as a Test Lead on one or more Eligibility, Medicaid, or Health and Human Services (HHS) IT projects
- Minimum 5 years’ testing experience involved in mid-scale or large scale system development projects (including using test automation, test strategy, developing and executing test scripts and test plans)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Federal and State health and human services (HHS) programs (i.e., SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Care Management, EHR, WIC, EBT, Child Care, Medicaid, CHIP)
- Ability to develop effective, positive working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, e.g. Word, Excel and online applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Industry standard Testing Best Practices Test Certifications
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, CMM, CMMi and other industry standards
- Defect/bug management and familiarity with defect management tools (Bugzilla, JIRA etc.)
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Familiarity with requirements traceability matrix
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing preferred
- Creating testing requirements from design documents, functional requirements etc.
- Testing phases, testing entrance and exit criteria
- Testing data creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with development tools and development languages
Job Status: Contract/Temporary