Web Developer - Level 4
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Applies concepts, develops, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications.
- Troubleshoots software and web problems and provides solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies.
- Works with management and information technologists to determine specifications. Uses a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create software and web application elements such as user interface features, algorithms, animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience developing enterprise applications in one or more front-end and back-end programming languages
- Self-starter requiring minimal oversight and direction
- Jira or comparable SCRUM/SDLC management software
- GitHub or comparable version control software
- Confluence or comparable wiki/collaboration tools
- MS Project and other management & reporting tools
- Experience with AWS and scripted infrastructure a plus
- Ansible, Docker, Chef/Puppet or similar experience a plus
Training and Certifications:
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification a plus. Applicable software or hardware certifications commensurate with the technical objectives a plus.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 8 years of related technical experience
Job Status: Contract/Temporary